Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, Administrators can access a few additional functions. Admins are generally elected through an election process.
Who are the Admins of this Wiki?
What Admins Do
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
How do I use administrator powers?
See the administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions. You can also contact another admin to ask questions.
Becoming an administrator
- Main article: WikiSein:Requests for Rights
If there are no active bureaucrats and you wish to become an administrator, please contact the community staff on the Central Wikia.
What can administrators not do?
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be use to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.
If an admin uses their powers for bad reasons, they will lose their powers, and may be blocked. An inactive admin may lose their admin powers until their return.
- Main article: WikiSein:Bureaucrats
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki. He or she is not currently able to remove admin access from any user; please contact one of the community staff if you need that done.