Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Air Date||November 27, 1991|
|Writer(s)|| Larry David|
|← The Nose Job · The Alternate Side →|
At a party, George Costanza leaves with a co-worker, leaving Jerry Seinfeld and Elaine Benes alone. After being up in the wee hours of the night, Cosmo Kramer finally comes to pick them up. Later on, the man who threw the party comes to Jerry's Apartment, and when Jerry leaves, he invites a prostitute. When he doesn't pay the prostitute, the cops arrive and believe Jerry was the one who solicited the prostitute.
Meanwhile, George gets into an altercation with a cashier who he believes short-changed him and shoplifts to get revenge. Unfortunately for George, he is caught and presumably sent to jail. In the end, Jerry and George reminisce about their short time in jail.
Notes About Nothing
- Elaine's quote "The dingo ate your baby" is a reference to the film A Cry In The Dark in which an Australian woman, when accused of the murder of her child, claims a dingo ran off with it. The film is based on a true story.
- Explaining why he's patting his head to a tedious party guest (he's actually trying to get Elaine's attention) Jerry claims he's on L-DOPA, a drug used to treat Parkinson's Disease.
- George Washington Carver (circa spring of 1864 – January 5, 1943), as mentioned by a party guest Elaine talks to, was an African-American known for teaching former South American slaves techniques for self-sufficiency and detailing over 300 uses of the peanut to maximize farming profitability. He did not, however, come up with the idea for Peanut Butter, as stated by the guest.
- Jerry's attention-grabbing "Pendant? Those bastards!" is a recall of Elaine's father's exclamation in The Jacket (season 2).
- Jerry states his age is 36. This is a rare time a principal's age is referenced directly, although they are sometimes referred to as being in their late thirties.
- Kramer tells a fragment of a story about doves referring an incident alluded to but not shown in The Jacket.
- This episode was filmed during Season 2, but because of Larry David's dissatisfaction with the episode, it did not air until season 3 as a "lost episode".
- George had a job in Season 2, but not in Season 3. Jerry introduces the episode on the premiere date to give viewers a heads-up on this continuity error.
- The logo at the start is also the Season 2, simple text logo, not the iconic colorful one used from Season 3 onwards.
- "You haven't won. You may think you've won but you haven't won. Do you know why? It's not over. This is not over. I'm not forgetting what's happening here. You have my ten dollars. I will get it back. All right, don't worry and it's not over. I'm going now. Goodbye. I will be back." - George
- "Maybe the dingo ate your baby." -Elaine
- "The last time a woman said [make love to me] I wound up apologizing to her. That's a lot of pressure ... What am I, in a circus?" - George