|Air Date||September 28, 1995|
|← The Engagement · The Maestro →|
George is very happy about his engagement to Susan, but is worried that he isn't ready for marriage. He goes to Susan and tries to postpone the wedding 3 months after the original date, but she starts crying and George tries to stop her from crying and overreacts and does what she wants. Meanwhile, Elaine talks to a neighborly rabbi with a cable TV show about George's engagement and how she feels "that she wants to be the one getting married". After Elaine lets her feelings out, she learns the rabbi can't keep a secret as he tells almost everyone in his apartment. He soons tells Jerry, who knows and tells her that the rabbi can't hold a secret at all. Back with the Susan/George story, George and Jerry see a dating couple at Monk's, as the girlfriend is crying and the boyfriend doesn't care at all. George suddenly realizes he needs to make the decisions, and goes to Susan saying that they will postpone the wedding. Susan approves and George feels more brave than usual. Jerry and Kramer go to see Plan 9 From Outer Space, but Kramer sneaks a coffee from Java World in his jacket. When they go into the movie, Kramer burns himself passing by people in seats to get to his own seat. The Kramer storyline continues in the next episode, The Maestro. The end results in George and Susan watching TV in bed and they start watching the rabbi's show. He even tells Elaine's feeling on TV, with Elaine, George, and Susan mentioned by name in the show.
- Jerry wants to see Plan 9 From Outer Space, as this is what he, George, and Elaine try to see in “The Chinese Restaurant”. After waiting, nobody goes. Ironically, he sees it with Kramer, who was the only one who was not going to originally see it.
- This episode does not start with Jerry doing stand-up, which is uncommon for episodes before Season 8.
- In this episode, Elaine reveals she is not Jewish, something not known in previous episodes.
- When Kramer was burnt and was crawling to his seat in pain, Michael Richards accidentally did injure one of the extras' feet.
- Police Academy star Bruce Mahler portrayed the rabbi.