|Air Date||October 5, 1995|
|← The Postponement · The Wink →|
In the previous episode, "The Postponement", Kramer burnt himself in a movie theater when he snuck in some coffee from across the street, which wasn't allowed. Now Kramer gets a fast-talking lawyer named Jackie Chiles who will help him sue the company of the coffee, Java World, and make him "a rich man". Meanwhile, George heads over to a men's clothing store owned by Susan's uncle, and feels bad for a security guard who stands all day. He walks over and offers him a chair, but the guard kicks him out. Elaine dates a maestro who works at a nearby orchestra. He loves classical music and knows everything about it: songs, composers, notes, you name it. The thing is that he likes to be called "Maestro" on a first-name basis. He gets mad at Elaine for a short time whenever she calls him his actual name, Bob (Cobb), instead of "Maestro". Kramer and Jackie head over to Java World's headquarters because Java World doesn't want to get sued and will give him opportunties. They will first give him a lifetime supply of money, but before they give him any money, Kramer is already pleased with lifetime coffee and accepts the deal without money. Jackie feuds with him in the limo, saying, "Twenty years practicing law, I've never experienced anything like this." George comes back into the store, actually bringing in a chair for the security guard. The security guard actually likes it and thanks George. Kramer already has headed over to Java World, where he has drunk several coffees, making him super hyper. The end results in a robbery taking place in the men's store, but the security guard is asleep in the chair George gave him.
- The Jackie Chiles character makes his first appearance in this episode.
- Jackie Chiles is based on an actual fast-talking lawyer just like him: Johnnie Cochran.
- You have to look closely to see it, but when Kramer goes into Jerry's house, he uses a key and then opens the door. It has shown that his hands have healed.
- Phil Morris auditioned for the role of Jackie Chiles on August 26, 1995 at 11:30 AM.
- Phil was originally supposed to appear in The Non-Fat Yogurt if Guiliani lost the election.