Lawrence Tierney, shown here in a 1950's film screenshot, appeared as in the episode "The Pilot" in Season 4.
|Real Name||Lawrence James Tierney|
|Date of Birth||March 15, 1919  |
|Place of Birth||Brooklyn, NY, U.S.|
|Date of Death||February 26, 2002 (aged 82)|
|Place of Death||Los Angeles, CA, U.S.|
|Role||Alton Benes in "The Jacket" (Season 1)|
Legendary Hollyood film actor Lawrence Tierney (born March 15, 1919-died February 26, 2002) portrayed Alton Benes in "The Jacket". Lawrence was best known for his many screen portrayals of mobsters and tough guys, roles that mirrored his own frequent brushes with the law.
Guest appearance in "The Jacket" episode
He was intended to portray Alton to the point where the character was recurring, but he hid a knife from the set in his jacket which Jerry Seinfeld noticed. Lawrence then joked with the knife in a manner resembling Psycho towards Jerry where he was not asked to return.
Tierney’s younger brothers were actors Scott Brady, star of the 1959–61 syndicated western TV series Shotgun Slade, and Edward Tierney, who subsequently left acting for the construction business. His nephew is film director and actor Michael Tierney.
Lawrence died of pneumonia at age 82 (two weeks before his 83rd birthday) at a Los Angeles nursing-assisted living home on February 26, 2002 where he had been residing for over two years. He left one daughter, Elizabeth Tierney, of Park City, Utah.
- ↑ Birth reference check via birthdatabase.com & intelius.com
- ↑ *Elena Wohl at the Internet Movie Database (IMDb)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Lawrence Tierney, 82, Actor Known for Tough-Guy Roles, The New York Times article, published March 2, 2002, accessed August 1, 2016.
- ↑ Lawrence Tierney - Obituary, Associated Press article, March 2, 2002, accessed August 1, 2016.
- ↑ Lawrence Tierny (obituary), by Tom Vallance, 2002-03-01 The Independent (UK), London, England, 2016-08-01.